Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Live for Today

I'm not sure what this post is about, or even why I am writing after all of this time. But, after I received the news of a friend's passing yesterday, writing seems to be a better alternative to crying, at this point.

Casey Bridges; such a sweet kid. I dated his Brother, lived with his Sister, and his Parents always kept me well-fed. I can't imagine the hurt and the pain, of losing someone so close, and someone so special. Casey always had a smile on his face, always making people laugh. I hate to draw the comparison to my own little Brother, because honestly, the thought of losing him is too much to bear, but I can't help see the similarities in the two kids and the two Families, and my heart just hurts. I guess an event like this usually does put things, and life, into perspective, doesn't it?

Barry and I were texting eachother yesterday, and I am amazed at his strength, and know that it can only come from our Heavenly Father. I left work early, because after hearing from Barry, the reality of what happened, and the pain of Casey's Family, and everyone he has known, started to set in, and I couldn't keep the tears back. On my silent drive home, the only thing I could think to do, was talk to God. I think I kept repeating the same things over and over, pleading for the same things, "to be with Barry, and comfort him and his Family". It seemed like nothing, just words, in comparison to the pain that they were feeling, but I know it helped.

Barry's words were so beautiful, when talking about missing his Brother, but stated "I take comfort in knowing I'll see him again". I love that there is a Plan; our Heavenly Father has a plan. Families can be together Forever, and it's times like these, that seem to make that knowledge invaluable.

My favorite memory of Casey was seeing him and his Mom dancing with his nephew Julian (when Julian was still just a baby) his Mom was singing (and Casey was beat-boxing along to) the 'Itsy-Bitsy-Spider'. The strange thing is, I have been randomly going back to that memory, and a couple others, over the last couple of months; ever since Casey texted me in February, stating that he only had my number saved in his phone, not a name (I didnt have his number saved, either). Once we figured out who we were talking to, we both laughed, and quickly caught up with eachother. Casey told me that he was "just working, but heading back to Washington in the Fall, for school". I hadn't talked to Casey in a couple of years, and now, the texts seem much more serendipitous than I ever would have thought. Such a young, short life, but Casey is remembered by everyone as always being happy, and makng everyone laugh...I can't think of a better legacy to leave the world...

To the Bridges Family:
I love you, I am so sorry for your loss, and I am so grateful for the Plan of Salvation, and the knowledge that you have, that Casey is watching over you, until you see him again.

3 comments:

Tara and Bryce Raleigh said...

ok you left me in tears, Laura told me about it yesterday, soo sad. I just couldn't imagine. Life is just to precious, love you so much holly!

Laura said...

Yep Im crying too and cried when I read Barry's post to Casey on his facebook. Can't imagine what they're going though, the gospel does help but the pain of missing someone you love so much is still hard to bear. Can't imagine going through something like this without the knowledge we have.
Love you Holly!!!

christy said...

You brought me to tears also and I know that I can't even imagine the pain the family is experiencing. I too am grateful for the knowledge I have of eternal families but realize how hard it would be to lose a loved one too early in this life. Just a note to tell all my kids how very much I love them and appreciate that they are in my life. keep your family close, never let an opportunity go by to tell them you love them.