Wednesday, March 18, 2009

True Life: I'm in a Gang

It's a Posse, actually. I have been in Alaska for almost two years and I finally have some consistent friends (like, actual friends) aside from my family of course! I also have Laurel, but she's been married for over a year now! I had just succumbed to the fact that there were absolutely NO girls in Wasilla, Anchorage, or Alaska, like me. But, turns out, there are! Adi Mae, Blair, and Maud. Hilarious girls. Girls I can laugh with. Girls that my stomach hurts with (from laughing). I love it.
Also, Adi has been super motivating in getting back to the gym. I am running a 12k in May and had done nothing to train for it! The last 2 weeks have been great, as far as the gym goes. I really love working out, and I really love, love, running. When I stop working out I forget just how much I enjoy it. I am recommitted!!
I am contemplating what our gang colors should be. I look good in Pink, but I look good in red too. But they don't look good together. Quite the conundrum.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Actual friends? :) Im glad youre liking the valley more, I really was worried that you'd up and move or something! When if ever are you going to running at the gym aka mom's living room again?

J and K said...

I am jealous! I wish I had real friends here. But working from home, not going to church and having no kids severely limits my options! Will you be my friend?!

The Story of the Stovall said...

Oh holly I just love you and feel the same way.
You are my motivation for the gym as well. Thanks for introducing me to such a fun game, I look forward to many more bean crops.
See you tomorrow!

XOXXO