Sunday, January 25, 2009

The new cabin

We all stayed the night at the family cabin on Friday night (still undergoing MAJOR construction). Turns out, insulation really IS needed in cabins in Alaska (if you would like to stay warm at night). But apparently, we don't. My mom, sisters, and I decided that we are not going back to the cabin (to spend the night) until it is either 30 degrees warmer, or the insulation has been put in. I now know what hell feels like. And it's not warm.
Heidi and I sitting as close as we can to the wood-burning stove.
Mom, Laura, Tate, and I sipping on hot chocolate. I think this is as close as I get to roughin' it.
This is the creek that runs right in front of our cabin. You can constantly hear the creek running in the summer time, which is awesome. We can even fish for Salmon in it (although, I don't believe legally).
This was our breakfast. I had never had biscuits and gravy before. Turns out...I don't like it. At all.

Laura and Jeremy talked the whole family into going up to the cabin (that we just had built and it does not yet have heat, electricity, a bathroom, etc). I am not really sure why any of us agreed to go, but alas, we did. And....we froze our a**es off. No joke. The ironic thing is, Laura and Jeremy talked us into going, yet they were the only ones that didn't stay the night, "because of the kids". Sure....it was just so freaking cold, and they were the only ones with kids to blame it on. I should have said that I needed to go tend to Minnie...at her foster home.

1 comment:

Christy said...

My favorite picture is the one where you're all wearing your coats...inside!

That's hilarious!

Just one more reason why I love being in Florida....