Friday, January 16, 2009

Meet Minnie


Look at this adorable little girl...and she's all mine! Since I bought a house, I figured it would only make sense that a single girl like me, have a guard dog. I found her on the Alaska Dog and Puppy Rescue (ADPR) Website. They have all sorts of dogs that need homes.

I guess Minnie had just had a litter of puppies and her owner was trying to sell them out of the back of a truck (which wasn't heated, in the middle of winter). Along came someone from the ADPR, and offered him money for all of the pups (including Minnie). As the lady handed the money over he stated, "Well, this will be enough to get me drunk tonight". Also, turns out, one of the puppies had already frozen to death. So horrible....

Minnie had a horrible infection (mastitis, or something like that) and all of her nipples were so large and swollen, it was so bad she almost died from the infection. Now, she is completely healthy and happy! She is micro-chipped, has all of her shots, and has been spayed.

She is the biggest sweetheart ever!!! When I first walked in she barked a bit and the owner had to hold her back (I was fearing for my life at this point). But, once we walked in and shut the door, the owner let go of her and she just walked right up to us! She is such a doll, and loves snuggling, and ate up the fact that I was petting her the whole time we were there. I love her and I'm so excited to bring her to our new home!

1 comment:

Laura said...

CUTE! How fun to be a dog owner! Again.