Sunday, July 13, 2008

My Idol...

I have decided (after reading my friend Christy's blog numerous times) that I idolize Christy Lyons. I think that I am going to start doing everything she does, like run a million miles everyday, just for the fun of it, and after that, read a zillion books as well (and give reviews on this thing of each and every book I have read).

In all seriousness though, I'm serious. I DO want to start running everyday, and I DO want to start reading more! I have a bunch of other goals, but I dont particularly want to speak of them, because then when I dont do them, people will continually ask me if I have done it, and I will therefore have to say no.

So, to start my goals that I WILL speak of, like running, I have decided to order a Treadmill. Not one of those crappy one's you can get at Sam's Club, but an actual durable one, that you can run on and it feels like you are running, not pushing the Vinyl underneath you, just to make it move. My sister and her husband, Laura and Jeremy, always research everything before they buy it, and she found the #1 pick on consumer reports, or something like that. She has already bought it, and so I know that it is a nice run. So, I will be buying that. After I cancel my gym membership that should have been used this whole last year. I did go....a few times.

Now, my other goal, reading (Christy made an actual goal of reading 50 books in one year). Right now I am going to admit defeat on that particular goal. But, I do think...hmmmmm...15 books? Yes, I will read 15 books in 2008. Which, is actually a lot harder than it sounds, considering 2008 is half over. So, really, thats like 30 books in 1 year...I guess. My other goal that I am going to tack onto this whole reading thing is, I want to read the Book of Mormon at least once every year, for the rest of my life. Can you imagine how valuable that will be when I am 60 and can say that I have read the Book of Mormon at least once every year since I was 23?

I do need some sort of motivation for all of this...I am not sure what it is yet, I will keep thinking....

2 comments:

Laura said...

That would be so cool to have read the BofM throughout your life- what a priceless aspiration!
We gotta get on this running thing!!

Christy said...

You're just too nice! I'm really not that great, but thanks! I'm completely jealous that you are getting a treadmill...I want one so freaking bad.

I think you should share all of your goals. I find that when other people know what I'm trying to do, I'm less likely to give up, and I'll usually push through and do them.

I miss you!