Friday, July 4, 2008

Once again....here I am...

I had started a blog last summer when I was engaged. I figured it was something a girl has to do in order to be able to brag about her wedding plans, engagement, honey-moon, etc. Since the wedding was called off a couple of weeks later, I only posted once. To bad too because I'm pretty sure it was a funny post. I hate it when humor is wasted...or when people don't appreciate it. If I go on a date with someone and they A). Don't laugh at my jokes (or even give me a pity laugh) OR B). Don't think Seinfeld, The Office, or hilarious people in general are funny, the date is immediately ended, or I at least start thinking about how my time could be better spent watching Law & Order, alone.

Life is going good in general. I live in Eagle River in a little 2 bedroom apartment. It wouldn't be so bad, except my bathtub, sink, and kitchen counters are all Robin's egg blue. I am not really sure who was ever delusional enough to think that that was a good color for a kitchen and a bath?? No idea. It must have been when all of the hippies were around and it was socially acceptable to smoke weed...and then decorate bathrooms.
I have a roommate who is rarely ever home, which I am coming to realize is the best kind of roommate. She just got married on June 25th and the even sweeter part is...THEY get to live with ME for 2 months. Wow....just when I was thinking my life couldn't get ANY sweeter, it does. Newlyweds. Living with me. With their room right next door. Just one paper-thin wall away from me. Sweet. I have not yet experienced suicidal ideations....that's probably the next step though.

I am doing Social Work for the State. I'm finding that Child Protection is not the greatest job, but it pays pretty well for my field, especially for someone with just a Bachelor's degree. Side-note (this is not me insinuating that I get paid well. I don't, just good for my field. There is a definite difference). I was working in the Permanency Planning unit, working with families on a "long-term" basis. Now I am doing "out of town inquiries". Basically, dealing with the kiddo's and parents who have open cases in different parts of Alaska, but now live in Anchorage. I just started doing OTI's this week, and transferred my permanency caseload last week. It was glorious. Hopefully it will make life a little more bearable.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Let me be the first to say, it's about time you started a blog (again) I am totally jealous of the roommate situation.

Heidi said...

I is nice to see a blog again for you, now hopefully you are better at keeping it updated than me.

Christy said...

Holly! I'm glad you're back! Update the blog often, seeing as how we never talk on the phone anymore (which, by the way, I really miss your laugh). Oh, and sorry about the paper thin wall/newlyweds situation...should be fun!