Tuesday, December 23, 2008

An attitude of gratitude

I am continually amazed at how blessed I am. Really, I don't understand it, and I don't know how or why I could possibly deserve it. Ever since I got my job as a Social Worker, and have been able to see how much Satan has ruined the lives of children, adults, and families as a whole, I have grown a greater appreciation for my parents and the wonderful people that they are. Obviously, like everyone, they are not perfect, but their amazing example of living the Gospel and constantly trying to do what is right and honest has been the biggest influence and blessing in my life. I know that I will never truly know or understand how many sacrifices they have made for me and my siblings, but I want them to know I love them and am thankful for them!

In church on Sunday (it was the Christmas program) a man stood up, and before he sang he talked about family and friends and the Christmas Season. He challenged us to not wait till tomorrow, but to tell our family and loved ones how much we care about them. It was really beautiful. I love my family so much, they are my closest friends, and my biggest supporters. I love you guys!

As I look back on my life I can see how the Lord has literally carried me along my path. He is my everything, and I am so thankful for his perfect plan, which enables me to have true joy, and to forever be with my family.

When the latest Conference addition came I was reading the talks from the Priesthood Session when I found a quote that will now be a favorite forever. Elder Richard G. Scott quoted President Hinckley, who said: "Of all the creations of the Almighty, there is none more inspiring than a lovely daughter of God who walks in virtue with an understanding of why she should do so, who honors and respects her body as a thing sacred and divine, who cultivates her mind and enlarges the horizon of her understanding, who nurtures her spirit with everlasting truth".

I am trying everyday to be that woman, although I may sometimes come short, I know that with the Savior as my guide I will never go astray.

Merry Christmas everyone, I love you!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

We love you too!! I know your life isn't always what you want but you are doing so good. Your faith is so strong and you teach your big sister how to be a better person. I am so glad to be part of your life and love having you as a sister and friend.

The Story of the Stovall said...

Holly its Adi!
I don't even know if this will post because I don't have blogspot - but I look at Tara's all the time! I miss you, we live in the same neighborhood! :)
Come see me. Call me 907-748-7100 or email me adi.hillis@gmail.com