Saturday, December 20, 2008

I need botox...

For my job I have to do a lot of home visits to see the foster kids on my caseload. Usually I start the visit by talking with the foster parent and the child; the foster parent will update me on anything going on with the kid, doctors appointments, therapy, school, behaviors, etc. After I talk to the foster parent, I then talk to the child alone, to see how things are going. I'm guessing this policy comes from the fact that if your foster parent was beating the crap out of you, the child wouldn't tell me in front of the foster parent. I don't know, that's just a guess.

So, after I was done talking to the foster parent (who are actually his Aunt and Uncle) I started talking with my kid, alone. I usually try and talk to them about what is going on in their life, and if they have anything exciting going on. This particular kiddo is 9. Our conversation went like this:

Me: So, what are you excited about right now?

Kiddo: I am excited to turn 18, because then I will get all of my PFD's from my Aunt and Uncle(for those of you who don't live in Alaska, the "PFD" is the "free" money we get every year, just for being awesome Alaskans).

Me: Wow, I didn't get my PFD's till I turned 22.

Kiddo: How old are you right now?

Me: How old do you think I am?

Kiddo: 32?

Me: No.

Kiddo: 40?


Wow. I am actually going to be 24 on the 31st. I have to go, I am heading to Wal-Mart to buy some anti-wrinkle cream.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Haha! Jack says Im 2 so I think Im doing pretty good!