Monday, December 8, 2008

Touched by an Angel

I literally had the best day of my life today. Why? Because I went to the Chiropractor (I was a chiropractic virgin) and I am pretty sure she changed my life. Dead serious, people. I have had some minor back problems since I was in High School, but never felt like they were bad enough to do anything about. In the last year I have been suffering from bad headaches and an aching neck every single day. It is pretty much the most debilitating thing I have ever experienced. I was sick of being in pain and I remembered my friend's mom had talked about the "best Chiropractor" she had ever been to, and I decided to try it out.


As I sat in the waiting room today I had to fill out some papers describing where my pain was, how much it hurt, etc. As I was filling them out I started looking around at all of the people who were there and started second guessing if I should actually be there. I'm not even kidding, the people in the waiting room could barely even walk. Literally, I almost walked out, except they already took a copy of my license and insurance card, so I was pretty much stuck.

As I met with the Doctor I started telling her how other doctors have never really acknowledged my headaches, and one of them actually had the nerve to nonchalantly ask me if I thought I had a brain tumor?! Hello! You're the doctor, you tell me! So, after telling her everything, she did an exam on me and basically told me that the muscles in my neck and back are ridiculously tight (A.K.A. my body sucks) and most of the headaches are probably tension headaches and due to the fact that I sleep on my stomach. Do you want to know why I sleep on my stomach? It's basically the only comfortable position to sleep in. Everybody knows this.

Also, she "aligned" or "adjusted" or something like that, my body. Oh. My. Goodness. It felt so amazing! Not only that, I seriously love her because I have a prescription for a massage this Wednesday and next Tuesday, before I meet with her again!

My new obsession: Chiropractors.

No comments: